Ireland was SUCH a good time. I loved exploring both Northern Ireland and Ireland and seeing all the beautiful natural wonders. We saw and did so many cool things, including the Guinness factory tour!
Here are five things to know about the Guinness Storehouse tour!
1. The music doesn’t just sound good because everyone’s had one too many Guinness, there is so much musical talent in Ireland! After the Guinness Tour is a great time to go to Temple Area and explore the pubs and music! Ireland had so much to offer in terms of interesting things to do, so much history to learn about and study, and the MUSIC in the pubs was exactly what you would hope to hear while visiting Ireland!
2. Arthur Guinness started the company and employed so many families in Dublin. It was also considered a job for life and was something a lot of locals aspired to have. Make sure to tour the hall with the portraits to learn more about Arthur and his wife!
3. The tour starts with explaining how Guinness is actually made; right from the farming process. The center of the factory is actually a giant Guinness glass that the four levels are built around! There’s a tasting room where you get to learn about the tasting notes of Guinness with the cutest baby glass of Guinness. You also learn about the perfect way to enjoy it and why it supposedly tastes the best in Dublin.
4. After exploring all the different floors full of secrets, history, past marketing campaigns, and a cafe with foods enriched with actual Guinness, you make it to the glass circular room at the top of the building! From here you can see all of Dublin and also enjoy a a full pint of the ruby red liquid itself. It’s definitely worth going up for the view and the experience!
5. If you want to get something engraved make sure to allow time for that! I ended up having to go back and pick our stuff up the next day!
What’s one of the coolest “tourist” experiences you’ve had while traveling?!
You’ve been to so many cool places! I love reading your blog!